It's been quite crazy here the past couple of weeks. Life can really throw people curve balls at times. I need a sympathy card for a friend whose father suddenly passed last week. And then I had the leftover piece from the frame I cut out for that. I took one look at it and the Stick It Down Blog challenge and voila! I came up with a great card! This is all I've done so far this month along with my Design Team projects for the Sketches In Thyme Blog (should be revealed towards the end of the month) and tomorrow's Creative Inspiration Thursday Scraplift Challenge which I'll reveal tomorrow.
First up is the card I'm submitting for the Stick It Down blog's March Card Sketch.
The sketch -
And this is the sympathy card I made. I cut the frame using a Silhouette cut file. The inside sentiment is next to the front part. I used Close To My Heart stamps with Ranger embossing innk and Stampendous embossing powder.
I hope these cards inspire you to use both the positive and negative parts of your machine and die cuts! Happy Crafting!
First up is the card I'm submitting for the Stick It Down blog's March Card Sketch.
The sketch -
And my version (the inside sentiment is in the bottom picture). I
printed the letters (Font is Castellar) and then cut them into rectangles. I stamped the background and the flower (Heartfelt Creations) in
the center. (Ink is Ranger Distress Mini.)
And this is the sympathy card I made. I cut the frame using a Silhouette cut file. The inside sentiment is next to the front part. I used Close To My Heart stamps with Ranger embossing innk and Stampendous embossing powder.
I hope these cards inspire you to use both the positive and negative parts of your machine and die cuts! Happy Crafting!




8 comments:
They're both really lovely cards. It's fitting that the card you made with the leftover is a life card. I love the colors you used. Very pretty!
Thanks for using our sketch as inspiration for your card!
Evelyn, Stick it Down design team
Very nice Ginni. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.
Colleen--DT for SID
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/
Love the colors you used and the inside sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Stick It Down.
Both of your cards are great and what a bonus using the extra cuts from one card on the other. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stick It Down! -Lori DT
Great cards, thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down
Love your cards! Thanks for joining us this month at Stick It Down!
Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca
Great cards. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Your cards are both lovely, and wonderful to use the extra cuts. Thank you for sharing with us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT
Post a Comment