Ginni's Scrappy World

"A place where I can share my scrapbooking layouts, ideas and scrappy life."

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is this Baxter??


Steve may have found a new addition to our family! He stopped by the animal shelter and this man was turning a dog in. The shelter wasn't open yet and Steve took one look at the dog and said "I'll take him!" So after a brief conversation the man gave him to Steve and drove off. We decided to place him into the system for several reasons. Mainly because they will pay for his checkup, neutering, shots, etc., but also because if he's really not a stray we don't want to take someone else's pet. So I dropped everything and ran down to the shelter to see this dog and to make our decision. On the way I was thinking about him and the name Baxter came to me. Steve says "He looks like a Baxter!" I fell in love with him instantly! But I also realize that he isn't ours yet. We'll find out on Monday when the time period is over and they take him in to have him fixed. Then if all goes well, we can bring him home on Wednesday!!! Only a week! :) He's very skittish and scared, but totally comfortable in his crate. They think he's about 2 years old so he's full grown and just the perfect size. After we walked him around the kennel a bit we found that he doesn't mind lots of other dogs (including HUGE LOUD ones!) and that he responds pretty well to the leash and the crate. Those are good things! So time will tell if he's gonna be our Baxter or not..... Isn't he CUTE?!

5 comments:

Lucy Chesna said...

He is cute ginni...good luck

Jackie Plank said...

Ginni he is adorable! I will pray that he is to be your puppy :)

Shelley said...

He's so cute. I sure hope that you are able to adopt him. He will make a great companion.

Unknown said...

Ginni....he is too stinkin cute.... I hope lil Baxter gets to come home to you soon.....I know he will bring all kinds of special blessings to your family!

Heather Lough said...

So cute, Ginni. Hope it all works out.